The Climb brings survivors, providers, and members of the community together, all over the globe, to shine a light on a darkness we often don’t speak about. Together, we gather near the solstice (the longest, brightest day of the year) to share stories of hope and celebrate recovery and to symbolize our ‘Climb’ Out of the Darkness.
Why is Good Beginnings Hosting a Climb?
Every day, Good Beginnings sees families who are facing a variety of challenges in their transition to parenthood – regardless of having a specific mental health condition or diagnosis.
We are hosting a Climb Out of the Darkness to help shine a light on the fact that postpartum mood and anxiety disorders are the most common complication of childbirth – and often go undiagnosed. Our Climb will also raise funds to support Good Beginnings’ unique and critical work to support all Central Vermont families during the perinatal period and throughout the transition to parenthood. Please join us!
What can I do?
- Join us on the State House Lawn on June 15! See below for how to join the climb.
- Donate to our Climb. Your donation will help fund GBCV’s unique and critical work here in Central Vermont, as well as PSI’s programs to support the mental health of new parents worldwide.
- Show your support by joining our Central VT Climb Team Page.
- Spread the word by sharing the Facebook Event or our Team page with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Raise money.
- Share your story.
If you have been affected by perinatal mood or anxiety disorders,
or if someone you love has been affected,
please join us on the State House Lawn on June 15th.
Everyone is welcome! Fundraising is optional.
*Worldwide, the impact of the Climb is measured by the total number of individual participants registered. By joining our Team Page, you contribute to the global impact of this event – whether or not you choose to raise money or attend on June 15th.
How do I join the team?
- From the Central Vermont team page: Click the big blue JOIN TEAM button.
- Then click the purple CREATE NEW ACCOUNT button.
- You’ll be asked to provide your first and last name and create a login ID and password.
- Watch your inbox for an email with the subject line “COTD Participant Form (required)”.
- Click on the link in this email to sign the participant waiver and give your tee shirt size.
How Does Fundraising Work?
Once you join our Team Page, you have the option to share your profile with friends and families and invite them to support you by donating.
The money you raise will bring community support to postpartum families locally and worldwide.
- 75% of funds raised at our Climb go directly to the Good Beginnings Postpartum Angel Family Support Program.
- 25% goes to PSI’s free information, support, and resources available to postpartum families here in Central Vermont and worldwide, including their confidential Warmline, online support groups, and more.
Stay tuned for more opportunities to win prizes for fundraising!
For more information about how to customize your individual fundraising page, contact us at email@example.com.
How Can Local Businesses Support the Climb?
Sponsoring the Climb is a great way for community-minded businesses and other local organizations to show their support. We have three sponsorship levels ($100, $250, $500) and sponsors will be recognized on social media and at the event. To learn more about sponsorship benefits, please contact Gretchen at 802-595-7953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.