Babies and kids are always welcome (there is a nice play space with plenty of toys and books) and we always have tea and coffee.
Why is it so important to find mother-to-mother breastfeeding support in person? There are some amazing connections being made online but venting about a lack of sleep the night before via Facebook or Twitter isn’t the same as a friend dropping by bringing a latte while you chat about the hardships of motherhood.
The questions and self-doubt are almost always best answered by mothers who have been there. Being in a room with other mothers as you nurse your babies together makes getting support for those burning questions much less daunting and scary.
“Is my baby eating enough?” “Is my baby eating too much?” “Am I making enough milk?” “How do i prepare to return to work?”
Get the support you need! Get your questions answered!
The mission of La Leche League is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
Did you know?
1. Mothering through breastfeeding is the most natural and effective way of understanding and satisfying the needs of the baby.
2. Mother and baby need to be together early and often to establish a satisfying relationship and an adequate milk supply.
3. In the early years the baby has an intense need to be with his mother which is as basic as his need for food.
4. Breast milk is the superior infant food.
5. For the healthy, full-term baby, breast milk is the only food necessary until the baby shows signs of needing solids, about the middle of the first year after birth.
6. Ideally the breastfeeding relationship will continue until the baby outgrows the need.
7. Alert and active participation by the mother in childbirth is a help in getting breastfeeding off to a good start.
8. Breastfeeding is enhanced and the nursing couple sustained by the loving support, help, and companionship of the baby’s father. A father’s unique relationship with his baby is an important element in the child’s development from early infancy.
9. Good nutrition means eating a well-balanced and varied diet of foods in as close to their natural state as possible.
10. From infancy on, children need loving guidance which reflects acceptance of their capabilities and sensitivity to their feelings.
The ideals and principles of mothering which are the foundation of LLL beliefs are further developed in THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING, the most comprehensive handbook on breastfeeding and parenting ever published. It has provided needed answers to three generations of nursing mothers on every aspect of breastfeeding.
Copies of THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING can be obtained at reduced cost by contacting LLL
Referral Line: 802-897-3000
Make sure to like them on FB