Mental Health Resources for Coping during COVID-19
- The Washington County Mental Health Services COVID-19 Resource Page has suggestions for selfcare, kidcare and familycare as well as fun and educational ways to keep kids and the entire family active and engaged while sheltering in place.
- The CDC’s Stress and Coping tips includes suggestions for parents.
- COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide from the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- The Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- “We Care! A simple guide for children; understanding COVID -19” This children’s book by Christa Wells, owner of Little Crickets Day School, is a resource for talking to young children about COVID-19.
Perinatal/Postnatal Mental Health Resources
- Connect with a local Postpartum Support International Coordinator. Call or text Ana at (802) 276-0383.
- Postpartum Support International’s online directory of qualified perinatal mental health professionals.
- Join an online support group with Postpartum Support International (PSI). Groups include: Perinatal (Pregnancy & Postpartum) Mood Support, Pregnancy Mood Support, Military Moms, and NICU Parents.