Online Meetups for Parents
- Good Beginnings Online Baby Circle is a safe space where parents can speak honestly in an environment of mutual respect. This structured, facilitated Zoom video chat gives new parents with babies the opportunity to connect with other new parents in our local community.
- Montpelier La Leche League meet-ups are still happening at the usual time! To join Kristin via Zoom, follow the La Leche League of Montpelier on Facebook.
- Bosom Buddies is a private Facebook group maintained by the CVMC lactation consultants for Central Vermont breastfeeding families.
- Peanut: a free a social networking app for mothers.
Activities for Families
- Aldrich Public Library Virtual Storytime with Ian is featured on their FB page and posted to YouTube.
- Kellogg Hubbard Library’s children’s librarians are also featuring virtual storytimes. Follow them on Facebook live for updates.
- Follow Randolph’s Kimball Library on Facebook for Get Creative With Kimball Public Library, a series of sanity-saving stuck-at-home suggestions for families.
- Family Center of Washington County early educators are posting sing-along videos, activities, and other resources for families and kids to try at home. Follow them on Facebook or the events section of their website. You might catch another Facebook Live performance by Christopher R and his Flying Purple Guitar!
- The Children’s Room is also posting weekly storytimes and live Music and Movement sessions on their Facebook Page.
- Rockin’ Ron the Friendly Pirate, a favorite from our Baby Expo in past years, is holding sing-a-longs and reading books aloud on Facebook Live.
- Rachel from AB2/Active Body Active Brain is hosting a Monday Morning Brain Dance on Facebook Live Mondays at 9:30.
- Family Movement and Meditation, a free 30-minute class by Amy LePage for kids of various ages and their parents or caregivers. We’ll do some gentle and fun yoga poses, explore creative movement and let the kids dabble in the beginning steps of meditation. Wednesdays at 1 pm. Preregistration required on the Embodied website.
- City of Montpelier Parks Department has downloadable family-friendly scavenger hunt activities that you can do on your own.
- All of Audible’s audiobooks for kids are free during the coronavirus epidemic.
- Common Sense Media hosts a list of free, high-quality online activities for kids.
- GoNoodle offers free movement and mindfulness videos, downloadable curriculum activities, and off-screen home activities for kids of all ages.
- Explore some of Vermont’s art galleries and museums, including the Vermont History Center, online!
Looking for more? Be sure to check out our Events Calendar!