Thank for your commitment to helping families have a good beginning!
Families with new babies often have a lot of questions. We want you to have the tools you need to connect them with the right resources. Good Beginnings collaborates with local agencies and professionals to bring high quality, relevant information to our volunteers to assist you with your important work. Knowing how busy our volunteers are, we offer several different ways for you to learn (or refresh your memory!).
COVID19 Volunteer Safety
As a precaution to help prevent the spread of COVID19, Good Beginnings volunteers visiting in homes should:
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between the home visitor and family members during a visit, and if possible, the home visit can take place outside.
- Use cloth face coverings to prevent asymptomatic spread of the disease and provide protection when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Perform daily measurements of temperature for fever and an assessment of symptoms of infection prior to entering the home.
- Exit the home immediately and notify the Good Beginnings program director if any person is found to be ill within the home.
- Minimize contacting frequently-touched surfaces at the home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before entering the home and after exiting.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
Purple Coffee Hour volunteer meetings are held throughout the year to provide a safe space for volunteers to receive support from Good Beginnings staff and each other. These Tuesday morning get togethers are a great way to connect with other Postpartum Angels. Prospective volunteers are welcome to join our volunteer meetings.