Resources for Expectant Parents
- Amy Lepage of Emerge Yoga offers online prenatal yoga workshops, pelvic floor strengthening workshops, childbirth education classes, and more. Sign up in advance for prenatal yoga on the Embodied site. Contact Amy directly for more information about Empowered Childbirth classes, including private in-person options. Amy also shares free videos with self care tips and other educational resources via her newsletter and Instagram page.
- MotherToBaby Fact Sheet on COVID-19 during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- CDC FAQ on COVID-19 during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- WHO Q&A on COVID-19 during pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding
- UVM Health Network hospital visitor policies during the epidemic
- Gifford Health Center visitor policies during the epidemic
- WIC. Forty percent of pregnant people in Vermont choose WIC for healthy food, nutrition education and breastfeeding support! Not sure you qualify? Use this simple on-line pre-screening tool to check the basic eligibility requirements. Questions? Contact WIC@Vermont.gov or toll free at 1-800-464-4343.
- Evidence Based Birth
- Healthy Children Website A good resource for families to become familiar with prenatally that also has good guidance about COVID and articles with evidence based information.
- Article from Psychology Today: Pregnant During Pandemic
- Pregistry Corona Resource Excellent resource for frequently asked questions about corona and pregnancy including a space for folks who are pregnant and have corona or have had corona to track their pregnancies and connect with support.
- My Postpartum Plan – During COVID19 Many things will be unexpected and possibly out of your control, but this may help serve as a guide to share your needs and be ready for the days ahead.
Resources for Families With New Babies
- Both the CDC and the National Perinatal Association have information about breastfeeding during COVID.
- Zero to Three resources especially for families with infants and toddlers, including answering toddlers’ questions, making the most of video chats, finding time for self-care, etc
- The American Academy of Pediatrics provides information about COVID-19 specifically geared to families, parents, and caregivers.
- WIC. Over half the new babies in Vermont choose WIC for healthy food, nutrition education and breastfeeding support! Not sure you qualify? Use this simple on-line pre-screening tool to check the basic eligibility requirements. Questions? Contact WIC@Vermont.gov or toll free at 1-800-464-4343.
- All Babies Cry: They want all parents to know that you are not alone. During this unprecedented pandemic, they are offering All Babies Cry free for everyone.