Online Meetups and Activities
Online Meetups for Parents
- Baby Circle Time is a safe space where parents can speak honestly in an environment of mutual respect. This structured, facilitated Zoom video chat gives new parents with babies the opportunity to connect with other new parents in our local community.
- Baby Central VT private Facebook group is Central Vermont’s virtual space for perinatal community connections! This private group is for new and expecting parents residing in Central Vermont to socialize, have meaningful discussion, and support each other through one of life’s most transformative experiences — becoming a parent!
- The Montpelier La Leche League is coordinating with other regional LLLs to host regular online meet-ups. To find out more and get the Zoom link, follow the La Leche League of Montpelier or join the private Facebook group for MA/RI/VT on Facebook.
- Bosom Buddies is a private Facebook group maintained by the CVMC lactation consultants for Central Vermont breastfeeding families.
- Peanut: a free social networking app for mothers
Activities for Families
- Follow your local library on Facebook for virtual storytimes and suggestions for other fun games and activities for kids and the whole family.
- Aldrich Public Library Virtual Storytime with Ian is featured on their FB page and posted to YouTube
- Kellogg Hubbard Library’s children’s librarians are also featuring virtual storytimes. Follow them on Facebook live for updates.
- Randolph’s Kimball Library and Marshfield’s Jaquith Public Library also post regular storytimes and other activities on Facebook.
- Family Center of Washington County early educators are posting sing-along videos, activities, and other resources for families and kids to try at home. Follow them on Facebook or the events section of their website. You might catch another Facebook Live performance by Christopher R and his Flying Purple Guitar!
- Children’s Room is also posting weekly storytimes and live Music and Movement sessions on their Facebook Page.
- All of Audible’s audiobooks for kids are free during the coronavirus epidemic.
- Common Sense Media hosts a list of free, high-quality online activities for kids.
- GoNoodle offers free movement and mindfulness videos, downloadable curriculum activities, and off-screen home activities for kids of all ages.
Explore some of Vermont’s art galleries and museums, including the Vermont History Center, online!