WE EMPHASIZE FREE OR LOW COST ACTIVITIES. EVERY FAMILY IS DIFFERENT; PLEASE EXERCISE DISCRETION AND COMMON SENSE IN DETERMINING WHETHER AN ACTIVITY IS RIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILY, AND ALWAYS BE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE EVENT COORDINATOR FOR CONCRETE DETAILS.
- This event has passed.
August 21, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday, August 21st
1 – 5 pm | Free (donations welcome)
Presented by NBNC & Friends of the Winooski
Cool off in the heat of summer at this community-wide, family-friendly river celebration! Visit each river access point at the Nature Center to partake in different activities and adventures along the North Branch.
- Walk the North Branch with NBNC Teacher-Naturalists in search of river critters.
- Join workshops on aquatic biodiversity and habitat conservation.
- Bring an innertube, canoe, kayak or paddleboard to float the river.
- Learn about river dynamics and how to protect streams.
- Make art with local artists and naturalists.
- Listen to live music at the river shore.
- Check out aquatic exhibits and aquaria.
- Bring a picnic and enjoy an afternoon playing by the water.
- much more!
When we take care of our rivers, they take care of us! We’ll see you at RiverFest!
“I love to follow your page to know what to fill in parents about in the Montpelier area.”
— Help Me Grow VT Child Development Specialist