WE EMPHASIZE FREE OR LOW COST ACTIVITIES. EVERY FAMILY IS DIFFERENT; PLEASE EXERCISE DISCRETION AND COMMON SENSE IN DETERMINING WHETHER AN ACTIVITY IS RIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILY, AND ALWAYS BE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE EVENT COORDINATOR FOR CONCRETE DETAILS.
- This event has passed.
Robin’s Nest Nature Playgroup
November 5, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Robin’s Nest Nature Playgroup is a low-cost activity for families to gather, learn, and play in nature. Guided by the idea that children need to spend ample time outdoors, we offer a community experience in the world of nature and will model ways the natural environment can be used as a tool for learning and play.
Engaging with nature’s seasonal offerings stimulates curiosity and a sense of wonder while fostering self-confidence and empathy for all living things. Join us for 2 hours of spontaneous play, exploration, discovery, song, nature inspired crafts, and oral storytelling.
- Play, dig, build and grow alongside your child
- Learn how to stay comfortable while getting messy in any weather
- Connect with other families with young children
For children 0 – 5 years old and their parents or caregivers.
This program is entirely outside, so be prepared with water, snacks, and clothing for staying warm and getting wet! Robin’s Nest Nature Playgroup is made possible in part by donations.
2020 Fall Seasons:
Session 1: Thursdays, September 24 – October 29
Session 2: Thursdays, November 5 – December 17
9:30 – 11:30 am
Ages 0-5 with one parent or caregiver
$25 for all 6 sessions
Due to COVID-19, this season will look a little different:
- Parents must wear masks at all times and maintain 6′ distance whenever possible.
- Children 3 and up will be expected to wear masks at all times.
- Group size is limited to 7 families, with one caregiver per family.
- Families must register for all six sessions this season. We are charging a small amount ($25 for the whole season) to cover our registration processing fees.
- Parents will be expected to fill out a health screening and waiver upon arrival.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This built-in registration platform by Sawyer confidentially stores your child’s information to make it easier for parents to register for future NBNC programs. If you’re new to Sawyer, when you click “More Info,” then “Registration” below, the platform will ask you first to create a Sawyer account. This only takes a few seconds. But wait, you’re not done yet! Once you’ve created and logged into your new account, return to this page and continue with the remainder of your registration process.
“I love to follow your page to know what to fill in parents about in the Montpelier area.”
— Help Me Grow VT Child Development Specialist